Securing a new Super Retail Group Agreement
Important EBA negotiations update for SRG members
Your SDA negotiating team has met with Super Retail Group and other representatives 3 times over the last few weeks.
We have taken the opportunity to explain to the Company, the issues and claims that you gave us to pursue, including:
- A wage increase that takes into account significant increases to your cost of living
- A way to address understaffing and overwork issues
- A number of ways to increase hours for existing employees, especially Part-Timers
- More regular and predictable rostering that accommodates employee’s family and caring commitments
- More notice for changes to, or cancellations of, casual shifts
- Better work-life balance including a claim for 5 weeks annual leave
Additionally, we have advocated strongly to:
- Maintain rostering protections that allow permanent employees to have some weekend time with their families, and to have consecutive days off.
- Maintain provisions that allow Permanents regularly rostered Tuesday to Saturday, to benefit from Public Holidays that fall on a Monday.
The Company has also strongly advocated for its own Log of Claims.
The negotiations have only just begun but we are committed to getting the best possible Agreement to improve our members experience at work and ability to provide for themselves and family.
We will keep you updated as the negotiations progress.