The SDA called for an essential service payment to paid to Woolworths members to recognise their hard working during this time.
The SDA welcomes Woolworths agreement to make a payment to members next month. This applies across all Woolworths brands including Supermarkets and Metro, Dan Murhpy’s, BWS and Big W.
The payment will be up to $1,000 in value for eligible full-time employees made up of $250 cash value on plus card and $750 in Woolworths shares.
Eligible part-time members will receive the $250 on plus card and a pro rata amount of shares.
This way of making the payment minimises any tax you have to pay.
Eligible casuals employed before 1 March 2020 will also receive a $100 payment on their plus card.
The payment will be paid to eligible employees employed before 1 March 2020 as follows:
- Full-time & part-time:
- $250 on plus card
- $750 in Woolworths shares for full-time (pro rata for part-time)
- Shares cannot be sold for 3 years but will remain yours if you leave your employment with Woolworths.
- $100 on plus card
- Casuals must have been employed prior to 1 March 2020 and have worked 1 shift to receive the payment
- Under 18:
- If you are under 18, you legally cannot receive shares and as such you will receive the same amount as other employees onto your plus card.
- Extension of 10% discount
- The 10% discount for staff will be extended for another month to the end of July 2020.
When will this be paid?
You will receive this payment on your plus card in the first week of July. You should receive a notice about your shares on 10 June.
If you have questions about how this payment may impact on your tax, please get in touch with Woolworths.
The payment does not apply to salaried staff.
This recognition payment was won by SDA union members who supported our calls for extra pay for essential workers.
Remember, you can read information about the work the SDA is doing on pay, health and safety at www.national.sda.com.au/coronavirus.